Forum home The potting shed

Forum

167891012»

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,549

My teddy consists of just his head !!

He went everywhere with me & his body literally got cuddled away. Mum did attempt to restuff him & reattach his body using an old tie of my dad's but nothing was a match for my cuddles.

50+ years later the tie is still there & the head is there but with no fur, no ears and the eyes long since replaced with buttons - I don't even remember him having arms and legs LOL - and, if I'm honest, he does have a vaguely mushroomy smell about him. But I don't care - I love him to bits  image  

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,177

All this talk of much loved furry toys reminded me of the story /film of the Velveteen Rabbit, I used to read it to my son and he would cry everytime, but always wanted it again.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• All this talk of teddies is making me think of the film "Ted" lol

• Hi I have an orchid I have had it some years never flower until this year I was delighted  but the  bds came and just went yellow and never flowered I have fed it  what  have i done wrong the leaves are very healthy  thank you
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,409
    edited December 2020
    Sandra, you should open a new thread with a suitable title like ' orchid buds dying' and it's more likely to be seen by someone who can help you
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,068
    Thats normally because they are too hot or dry, make sure it isnt too warm, and spray the leaves a couple of times a week in winter, rainwater if you can.
  • PennypitstopPennypitstop Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire.Posts: 29
    I have always had the answer I wanted and use the site as when needed. I can't say anything bad about it.