Forum home The potting shed

Forum

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,129

This is she....very old and threadbare - just like me  image

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/PB010003_zpsc3f58825.jpg

she talks a lot of sense though....image 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,129

Ab has no fur to speak of philippa and a big patch on the back. Lots of bits stitched and restitched because both my girls took her to bed as children in preference to all other teddies they got as babies image

Ab is what my oldest daughter named her as she couldn't say Alice - which is her real name.

oh - and she still shares youngest's bed...she's 17  image

Nice to still have them though isn't it?  We need a pic of BeeBee too image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

curry?

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

I was at my daughter's place last week. I see Panda is still going strong, though perhapsl strong isn't quite the word but he's still definitely recognisable.  My daughter is 50! Son's Elephant didn't fare quite so well thoughimage

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,974
    Not so sad Mike - rather touching actually image
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,347

I've still got mine - he came from Hamleys and used to have a tag in his ear, but when I was a child I got Pa to remove it 'cos I didn't want Edward to have an ear tag like the cows and the pigs, 'cos they went to market and never came back!

Wonder what he'd have been worth if he still had it - he's a rare colour apparently.

Do I sound heartless image  I wouldn't get rid of him ........... really! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I have imageBig Ted is in a plastic sack in the loft, or did he go to the skip image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,424

Does that mean he was a Steiff, Dove? They have ear tags and can be quite valuable. We gave my son (who is now a dentist) a Steiff fox from Hamleys when he was little, he loved it, it became know as "the flat fox" because he cuddled it so much. 

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,347

Yes he was/is - grey mohair too with felt paws and a slight hump, but without the tag now,

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh