Cuckoo visit

A cuckoo visited our bird table today, quite a close encounter.  Didn't eat anything just stopped for a moment before taking off again.  Should they still be here at this time of year.  We live on the edge of Bodmin Moor.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,125

No it shouldn't!  image

Are you absolutely positive of your ID?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• No question

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Checked all that already as I was so surprised. It was the female.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,392

Well they always say women are no good at navigation.image

I'm a woman and it's true of me. Tin hat on.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,114

What a rare treat Gingertop.  I wonder why they call you Gingertop ? image

Pansyface. Me neither.  No sense of direction what so ever.  Can't seem to grasp it. My daughter isn't a bit like it. Wonder why.  BUT, BUT.  I can REVERSE park anywhere.  If theres a gap big enough, I'll get it in, no probs.  Daughters the same.  Why is it men think women can't  reverse ?    When my oh used to drive, it was embarrassing he was so bad image.  Navigate you anywher, but reverse parking, no. 

Hope he doesn't get to read this imageimage

Well, I'm a woman and I'm brilliant at navigation - whereas my male OH has no sense of direction at all but has memorised the Tube map image

Maybe it's a this year's young cuckoo from Northern Europe stopping over - it seems they usually do that in Eastern Europe, but this year has had some odd weather conditions which may have affected things.  This article is interesting http://www.mpg.de/7711203/cuckoo-migration

I'd report it to the RSPB if I were you. image

And I can reverse park too image