tree shaker tool survey need help

I know that I shouldn't post this kind of thing here, but I need help very much. I am a university student and I have a project where I had to make a survey to get the peoples opinions about a tree shaker. It olny takes 2-3 minutes to fill it there is olny 10 questions, but it would mean a lot to me what others think about it. Here is the link:
http://goo.gl/forms/JNkXoR9Ymd 

Thank you very much for the help 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I've done the survey Betti, but I feel you are not asking the right questions;

Yes I would like a tool to help harvest fruit, but NOT one that shakes the tree as all the fruit would get bruised.image

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 845

Hi Betti, I've completed the survey but wouldn't need such a tool in my garden because all my fruit trees are minarettes so the fruit is easily reached. I agree with artjak that there would have to be a way to avoid bruising. Last month I saw some Buddhist monks in China harvesting fruit by shaking the tree manually with other monks holding a big sheet underneath to catch the fruit which I suppose would have reduced any bruising problems.

While I was on holiday in Albania last year I watched an automatic tree shaker being used to harvest olives. This was a big commercial machine though and again a sheet was spread underneath to catch the olives.

• Betti,

The first rule of being taken seriously, particularly when asking people for help or money, is to proofread your work. Sorry if that seems a little hard, but careless work finds the quickest way to the waste bin. I was Mr Unpopular with all three of our kids, but by their final years at Uni they could all do a presentable essay.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Joe, you are so right!

I understand tree shakers are used in commercial orchards, fixed to a tractor. I hardly think it is a suitable or necessary tool for an amateur gardener.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,309

Could attach it to a belt and shake your boogieimage

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Thank you very much for the answers I know that these questions are not the best one but this was the given thing which I had to do and also Ihave never done anything like this until now as it will not be my job to do these kind of surveys but I appreciate your comments very much because this way I can improve my knowledge, and it was a bit hard for me to find the right words to the survey as english is not my first language. Thank you very much againimage

• granmagranma Posts: 1,831

Hi Get to 324

You will see I have done your survey on the strength of using it for hazel nuts and walnuts. Disregard it if it's no use to you. Gran

• granmagranma Posts: 1,831

Oops ,done it againimage  forgot to check my kindle hadn't changed my words.whenever I forget it does it on me ,sorry  Bettii.    

Gran

• Betti,

I thought this might be the case and it's not a problem in casual contexts, but for formal purposes it is always better to have your work checked by a friend or a professional to get it 100% correct.

By the way, I've never needed to shake a tree, so the survey isn't relevant to me. But good luck with the project!

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

A friend bought a telescopic lopper/fruit gatherer which seems to do the trick. (a lopper is a device for cutting small branches)image