Forum home The potting shed

tools missing in action (MIA)

The great tidy up has begun, and already I have lost two pair of scissors and a trowel. No idea where they are. They are down as MIA!

What items do you keep mislaying, and do you every find them?

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Scissors! I have 2 pairs of garden scissors with orange handles, some days they both go missingimage...and then they both turn upimage, just as I'm considering buying some new ones.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,382

As mentioned elsewhere, the joint thingamajigs for the big cloche. Can't find them anywhereimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,382

OH tidied the garage a couple of months ago image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I am amazed at what turns up in my compost when I turn it out. Last time there were several knives and a bean shredder!

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

I try and buy garden equitment in red, it really helps with finding them against the green background! 

• i appear to have erm "collected" tools from other people, borrowed spades etc, oooops!image

• You'll never believe what I lost behind the tool shed! image

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Ah David, do let on, dying of curiosity here, and what I am imagining isn't humanly possible - surely?

I lose trowels all spring and summer, gather them up when autumn and winter comes, especially when planting bulbs.  Cutting back shrubs sometimes reveals things - like the large roll of soft tie I misplaced months ago.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,562

A pair of secateurs spent over a year in the compost heap, was renovated by OH only to be put through the shredder the following year. 

A saw left hanging in a tree for 2 years is beyond renovation

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Found a cheese slicer in our compost bin a few years ago - had been there two years, handle (wood) well pitted but still works better than any other!