Forum home The potting shed

tools missing in action (MIA)

The great tidy up has begun, and already I have lost two pair of scissors and a trowel. No idea where they are. They are down as MIA!

What items do you keep mislaying, and do you every find them?

• I think you might find the answer under the thread "Lost Garden Tools"........everything from full sized Spades or Forks down to Secateurs only discovered when someone started their Shredder upimage

Some people are frightfully good and tidy......always finishing a job and putting their tools to bed at the end of each day.  Others ( like myself ) start a job with one tool, find another job to do using a different tool and then.....well......just lose track of where they ( and their tools ) were last so give up and go to bed with the best intention of hunting them down the following dayimage

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Scissors! I have 2 pairs of garden scissors with orange handles, some days they both go missingimage...and then they both turn upimage, just as I'm considering buying some new ones.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,544

As mentioned elsewhere, the joint thingamajigs for the big cloche. Can't find them anywhereimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• image Thingamajigs are always the worst culprits.........not only can you not find them, you cannot really remember their proper name to ask other interested ( or not so interested image ) parties if they have seen them recently. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,544

OH tidied the garage a couple of months ago image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• That'll explain it then Dove...........there's "tidying" and then there's "tidying".image

• I am amazed at what turns up in my compost when I turn it out. Last time there were several knives and a bean shredder!

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

I try and buy garden equitment in red, it really helps with finding them against the green background! 

• i appear to have erm "collected" tools from other people, borrowed spades etc, oooops!image

• You'll never believe what I lost behind the tool shed! image