Forum home Plants

Cyclamen Coum

2»

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

imageimage

• How are yours doing Matt? I spotted the first few violet flowers on my cyclamen this morning (in between the hailstorms) image

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

I'll take some pics for you shortly, the White ones are great but the pinks arent doing that well.

They didnt have many leaves when they arrived so I guess I'll give them a season to settle in

• My pink ones have very few leaves - in fact, the ones flowering best are the ones with next to no leaves! 

Those above are the ones I bought and the one below is the one I managed to get going from a corm

• Ooh your white ones are fab! And I'm impressed you managed to get anything out of a corm-mine never work! have to plant them with leaves.

Yeah I am very impressed with the white ones, I planted 1 in the garden too and its doing just as well.

I planted 2 corms and only that 1 came :P

It had 3 flowers and 2 leaves.

• I like to choose my coums when in flower and leaf as the foliage on some is wonderful. I planted some, sold in pots in flower, last year and they are all in flower now, deep pink, pale pink and white ones, all with strong white marbling on the leaves. I have to do that or I will accidentally chop them into bits when gardening. They are so difficult to spot against the soil and amongst foliage when not in flower.

It may have been difficult to find them in local nurserys as they may have sold out. They are usually in my local GC s around Christmas time.