nectarines

how can i grow nectarines please

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

I'm not sure you can in this country, unless you have a large heated indoor space built to do so?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,675

Move to Italy - I  remember a holiday there with my children in a hill village above Firenze, with my children being stuffed with fresh nectarines from their gardens by the neighbouring villagers ..... ahhhhhh! imageimageimage

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,647

The shops are full of them! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,675

But the ones in English shops are small and hard, and they tell you to take them home and they will ripen - but they don't ripen at home, they just get soft - not the same thing at all image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,647

Ah well, enough reason to live here. They're big and fat and juicy. It runs down your chin. Sluuurrrrrrp.

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/howtogrow/3349116/How-to-grow-Peaches-and-nectarines.html

It seems you can grow them here providing you give them the right conditions (and I assume live in the south).