clean garden

i have spent hours in my garden today, clearing all the leaves digging over ,weeding, iam shattered, my back is kiling me, and i have scratches all over my arms from the rose bushes, but it feels great looking over my lovely tidy garden   image

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/1772527jt6wwp5d1w.gif

• lynne24lynne24 Posts: 121

ha ha, thats lovely sotongeoff, thanks, its been a lovely sunny day here in liverpool, good day for gardening.

• Wish I could say the same about the weather here in Bournemouth, dull dull dull and dull. image

• lynne24lynne24 Posts: 121

apart from today its been dull here all week, if we could have cold sunny days all winter, we wouldnt mind the winter

• Left grey overcast Devon behind and in sunny West Sussex. Horsham was lovely today, but it got very cold in the evening. Always degrees warmer and more sunnier here!

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,135

Lucky person. I have cut down the plants on one island bed, no weeding, just removed all the dead top growth. 10 wheelbarrow loads of it.

• I only tidy what is absolutely necessary. At the end of my 100' garden I leave the lavender hedge, meadowsweet, fennel & aster seeds for the birds to enjoy. I have been rewarded watching the Blue Tits & sparrows looking for insects and bugs.  Leaving plants to show winter structure it protects a lot of the perennials and grasses, that are only now in full growth.

• chicachica Posts: 252

clearing up tons of leaves and bagging them up for compost no sooner do i do it a load more come down but does anyone know why blue tits are going in my nest box this time of year?

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

I think they all huddle together for warmth in winter. Everyone needs a warm bed when it's cold image

• Can you come and do mine?