Been watching this crysalis

This beautiful creature emerged from the Crysalis below.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,319

Wow, Runnybeak - that's fantastic!  I guess it's some sort of moth, though I wouldn't know which one.  Wonderful camouflage if you want to pretend to be a dead leaf...  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Fabulous RB, perhaps Nut will know what it is.image

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,374

I don't know what the indie of its wings are like as it just flew away during the day. 

Yes , I thought it was a dead leaf for ages until I got up to have a closer look and ran to get my iPad for the pic.

Having just looked on line, I wonder if it's a Poplar Hawk Moth...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

Wow, Runnybeak - that's fantastic!  I guess it's some sort of moth, though I wouldn't know which one.  Wonderful camouflage if you want to pretend to be a dead leaf...  image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,024

I think it might be a comma butterfly

I reckon you're right, Nut.  Forgot they had white legs...  Saw one in my garden for the first time this summer.  image

• Awww it's lovely image 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    Gorgeous image
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Wow!!!!!! never seen one before!! My daughter bought me 5 caterpillars for my birthday, was brilliant watching them grow and change and then emerge as Painted Lady butterflies. Then came the day to set them free, what a wonderful experience it was, not only for me but for my daughter and 9yr old grand-daughter too. Loved it. Brilliant birthday present!!!