help

Yet another stupid question from me....what is "Fork Handles" please?

• KezzaKezza Posts: 90

it's originally a punchline from the 'Two Ronnies' comedy show.... fork handles / for candles

one of them went into the hardware store asking for fork handles, and the other gave him four candles

though on this forum, it seems to be a general chat thread............

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

On this forum it is an old fashioned 'over the garden fence' thread, there are some regular contributors and occasional visitors. Anyone is welcome to pop in and share some good news or moan. A sense of humour is necessary as it does get a bit silly at times.image

• Thank you, this is what happens with foreigners.......it took me years to work out why prison was called "porridge".(I hope you are all smiling as you read this!)

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    jatnikapyar wrote (see)

Thank you, this is what happens with foreigners.......it took me years to work out why prison was called "porridge".(I hope you are all smiling as you read this!)

imageimageimage

Do feel free to join in-you are guaranteed a cheery welcome.

• erm . .  . . . . why is prison called porridge? I've never known!!!

Isn't it something do with porridge being the staple breakfast that is or was served in prison-as in "doing porridge"-having porridge every day-because there was little alternative?image

• I have never joined in the conversation as I generally thought it was about fork handles!! : )

You can defo tell I am new to gardening & this gw forum. Haha

Thanks for the explanation though : ) x

All are welcome-dip a toe inimage