Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

A basin of celestial being

I have a basin of celestial being.

But it never grow up.

Why?

• How to raise Celestial being?

• You need patience - cacti are very slow growing.  Look for a Cactus enthusiasts' club in your area - this way you will learn lots of information about your plant.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• remember to feed and water during the summer (May to Sept) as they do actually appreciate it,

I tend to put mine in a sheltered, sunny spot in the garden and feed once in May and Sept and twice a month the rest of the summer (check the feeding ratio!). just make sure the drainage hole is clear in the bottom of the pot.

keep it dry during the winter - it is wet that kills the most cacti, not the cold - many are frost hardy!

• But if the cactus is outside, beware of snails - very tiny ones will get between the spines and graze on the surface of the plant.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks, ------ To whom replied me