The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

should i just give up or buy a new fork!?

I did this trying to dig up a 7 foot (triffid) cardoon.

I need a new fork,what make is best and what is the best value?

Buy cheap,you buy twice!

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,293

You probably needed a Crowbar for that oneimage

Spear and Jackson are a good makeimage

• granmagranma Posts: 1,643

Sorry can't help you there  Cotty but what you have said has helped me make my mind up about cardoons I have some and they will stay where they areimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,624

Carboot or Sunday market cotty.

All my best tools are either family heirlooms or second (3rd, 4th?) handimage

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,434

Mr Chicky has done that to countless forks - doesn't know his own strengthimage.  We eventually invested in a Bulldog one - expensive, but three years on he still hasn't destroyed it (and i'm sure he hasn't been treating it gently).  I would certainly recommend it.

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,452

I'm a tool mangler too cottyimage

I did the same thing recently but with two bent prongs, digging up a lupin.

I replaced it with an all steel Faithfull (sic) because I liked the cut of its jib; its prongs seem sturdy but time will tell...

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,533

Can't recommend any particular brand of fork, but here are a few interesting facts about cardoons (and their roots).

http://www.photomazza.com/?Cynara-cardunculus

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,822

Get a spear and jackson neverbend rootbreaker.

http://www.toolandfix.com/spear-and-jackson-2422nb-neverbend-root-breaker-100mm-wide-tubular-steel-shaft.html?gclid=CMeOs_jLhMECFVDItAod5woAtA

I broke a fork last year trying to dig up jap anemones in clay.

This does the job.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,486

Being a TA, I think you should not give up on that one, just take it to the local blacksmith and get a new prong welded on.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • I avvice you buy a better quality one, even not too expensive??? but it can work long long time, it's worthyimage