Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Which is which?

I had to dig up all the plants from my front garden (re-doing drive). Now a couple of weeks later I want to replant them in the back.

BUT which is which? I think I know but it would be good if everyone agreed with me.

The agapanthus have white flowers and the day lilies dark orangey-red.

• The agapanthus is the one on the right. 

• Thanks Jayne

I seem to remember cutting the agapanthus leaves back so that it wasn't such a huge mass to carry all the way through the house from front to back garden. I just kept double-bluffing myself so that in the end I couldn't make my mind up. Agapanthus have such big fat stems as well - those more succulent leaves do look as though they belong to the Agapanthus. Thanks for looking. Ok wellies on, spade at the ready - off to dig some holes.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I can only compare with what mine look like right now and I'd say the agapanthus is on the left

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • imageimageimage

• aaagh I won't be seeing my lovely white agapanthus from my kitchen window then. Never mind day lilies are great too.