where to start!

Hi, I have taken on an allotment, as you can see in the picture it was quite heavily weed covered. Most of the weeds have been strimmed and the allotment dug over. However, what I would really like to do is create a flatter surface, it isn't possible to see on the picture but the ground is very uneven, too uneven for me to do by hand with a rake for certain. Can anyone recommend a piece of machinery (tractor won't fit through the gate) that would help me even out the surface? Thanks.

• There's no picture chunk. To upload a picture click on the green tree icon above the dialogue box. It only works from a PC not a phone or tablet.

• ChunkChunk Posts: 19

Haha! what a div! here it is. from a small movie clip so not great. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,953

If you've dug it over you can leave it in 'clods' and the winter weather (rain and frost) will break it down so that it can be raked in the spring.

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 3,728

Hello

you could hire a Rotavator this will clear your ground more quickly and should help level off your ground too

So many companies have them look for ones local to you, here is one company that hires out equipment

https://www.hss.com/g/62516/Power-Digger-Rotavator-.html

But remember that ones you do that it is good to cover up areas either with cardboard, weed matting or plants to stop the weeds coming back so quick