Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Hardy Geranium - Propogation

2»

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

My Rozanne was only planted a few weeks ago and although I want more I'm not sure if it's a big enough clump to divide yet.  Would you play safe and leave it until next Autumn?  I'd hate to lose it, I love it to bits.

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,697

Its a question of whether or not you think it is big enough to divide. I usually take pieces off new plants as soon as I get them and it usually works fine.

Thanks Ceres, I'll see what I think in a couple of weeks or so.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Just take a woody root and pop it in some MPC and water it. It will produce a plantable new plant within a few weeks.

I'll try both methods because I'd like a lot more clumps of Rozanne bless her!

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

Wekk you live and learn - I didn't know Jolly Bee and Rozanne were one and the same...how did that happen? image

Any advice on propagating Ann Folkard?

• I think that Jolly Bee and Rozanne were sold as separate varieties until it was discovered that they were genetically identical. As Jolly Bee was the latest to be marketed, they all had to be renamed Rozanne.