Forum home Tools and techniques

Bark for under trampoline and borders

Hi - this is my first post here so go easy on me. I've got a family get-together this weekend and I want the garden looking ok. I've noticed that under and around the kid's trampoline the grass is looking very dead so I need something to cover it/make it look better.

I'm thinking of buying some bark/chips to cover it and maybe put a wooden border in to contain the chips. How does that sound to you?

Also - if that sounds ok, what bark chips would you recommend? Do I need to put anything down below it and what sort of border could I use to contain the chips?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

• My brother in law did this and he just put the bark straight on the grass. Its been down for about four years now, it hasn't spread onto the rest of the grass, and grass hasn't grown through the bark. I think he just bought the big bags from b&q, though you can get it delivered by truck and its dumped on your drive and then you barrow it to where you want it.

• Great thanks - did he put a border down or just the bark and left it at that?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,171

Have a look at the cpldistribution.co.uk site under landscaping - options for play bark and landscaping bark.

I bought 10 75L decorative bark 2 yrs ago and it still looks fine. But beware the blackbirds! they chuck it about looking for bugs

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Just the bark and no border.

• Great - thanks for getting back to me. Sounds reasonably straightforward then. Aldi were selling some bark a while back at a great price - will see if they still sell it.

Thanks again.