Forum home Talkback

not happy

Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

Morning all,i have a problem with one of my young fig trees,so far this tree bought for me in 2012 has been very good ,its about 3 feet high 4 main branches and in good nick,Until a brownish rusty type under the leaf and onto the fruit disease has ruined this years fruit,(pics ) I have removed all the infected leaves, the pictures  of these leaves are  the latest im removing from the tree, the young fruit is the last one to get infected, I have had good figs so far from this tree ,I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of Neem Oil which has been suggested ,the only other thing and its a grasp at a short straw is iv over watered it there are 2 plants suffering  so far ,any ides would be good ,bit miserable erein Norfolk this morning 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,519

Possibly Fig Rust?  The conditions have been perfect for it image

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/figs/figs-disease-rust.htm

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657

Hi Dove ,yes iv done all the stuff available i think,this is where i found the Neem oil which might be the way to go next year when there dormant, today i  noticed its on the big one we inherited, Right a waiting game it is then ,many thanks all,

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,519

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh