Forum home Plants

Crocosmia x crocosmiiflora 'Emily McKenzie

• The DoctorThe Doctor Posts: 177

I hav inly just seen these posts sorry image

Email is [email protected]

• lottyh40 & sotongeoff - I've had a response from doctor_63 - yippee!!!!!

• lottyh40lottyh40 Posts: 26
    Hi yes I have had a response just waiting now for Doc_63 to get back to me with a postage price.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I'm trying to sort the bulbs out for posting, the problem is, have rooted and clumped together in the bucket i have put them in. I am in the process of sorting them out.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Dan x

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,872

Thanks for this thread - it inspired me to do some research to identify a particularly good crocosmia which has just appeared in one of our borders, looking fantastic with the blue clematis and pink rose it sits between - I've identified it as Amber Glow, so I shall try to get some more as it's just what is needed to 'lift' that border at this time of year image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

Dan - I've got ''Lucifer '' and it hasn't flowered well for the last few years . I've divided it fed it etc but it just not performing well . I am thinking of digging it up. Do you know if they have a '' Sell By '' date ?  The clump is about 10 years old.

Thanks, Jean.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,872

@ jean riley - has something else nearby got bigger and is therefore casting more shade on Lucifer than previously?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

No Dove - they are years old though . May dig them up and just keep a little bit . Fed up with the profusion of green and hardly any flowers.

Jean, I have done some research and I cannot see a lifespan. The plant that I had dug up was around the 10 year mark according to next door and its still growing in the places I have replanted after dividing.