Forum home The potting shed

Strictly 2014

• I quite like this from today's paper:

"Final knockings at Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday night and irritable head judge Len Goodman finally snapped at the oohers and booers in the crowd: “Why pick on the old man?”

Well, Len. It’s quite simple. The old man everyone used to pick on has left the building, and I’m afraid you were next in line.

Dear old Bruce Forsyth. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m already missing him a little. And Strictly is missing him a lot.

For all the Autocue slip-ups, the dreadful jokes and the cringey banter, Brucie brought a decorum to proceedings which, it would now appear, we all took for granted at the time.

I’m not saying Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman are anything like a total disaster, but you have to wonder why the BBC decided Tess should lead their dance. I have no problem with a female partnership hosting the BBC’s flagship show. I have even less desire to set the two ladies against each other – if I had I would’ve probably pointed out in the previous paragraph that Tess is the elder of the two. (Yeah, almost three years apparently.)

It just baffles me why Tess was ever promoted to the role of chief cheerleader in the first place."

• Not a fan of Tess Daly really, loves herself too much. Think her husband Vernon Kay would have been a better choice,.......but not the rwo together image  Like Claudia tho.

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 6,965

I agree about the barrow boy really annoying and sorry to say I cant stand Judy Murray none of the others have annoyed me yet but its early days.  Havent a clue who some of them are.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Lol, Yvie, I can't stand her either. Hope either of those two go first!

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Having danced from an early age my eye's are on the feet when we get a chance to see them, dancing is a contact sport always was always will be, the contact to real dancers is not sexual but needed to indicate in subtle ways which move you are doing next. We men cannot dictate how the ladies dress and let us face the fact no one makes them wear a dress such as Ola love s to wear, more flesh than dress. My late wife and I loved dancing, something we did in our sixty years together and which I miss now though my NHS holiday took my mind off it a while.

I love watching Strictly, do not see it as sexual just good light entertainment to music and have my list for the top three already, just by watching feet.

Frank.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 82,766

I believe that you tend to see what you're looking for. image

Its a very long time ago now but I remember watching those long legged ladies the Television Toppers on the Black and White Minstrel Show. No one seemed to comment about their scanty outfits but they certainly had an audience.  And then there were Pans People on TOTP. I remember that people who previously had no interest in pop music began to watch the programme rather than harrumph into their beards. 

It was ever thus image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Exactly DFA, My wife always watched the Toppers and Pans people because she had danced from being very young in the classes that abounded in those days, she knew what she was looking at and would comment, I would tear my eye's away from those long flashing legs long enough to say "yes Dear"?

Frank.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 82,766

Chuckle image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,161

Like to watch after a few of the no hopers go image

• Think it will be Gregg or Scott to go out this week....if the great British public get it right. image