Forum home Plants

A tiny plant ID, and a quick question about roses.

2»

• Would it be fine to just remove the tiny seedling with a bit of soil and repot that way? I assume it doesn't have any established roots yet, so I shouldn't need to dig down much right?

Also will it be ok left outside in the open? I don't have a greenhouse, as I wasn't planning on growing any seeds / seedlings this year. image

• Errm not sure of the exact plants growing near by (i'm so new to this), but there are definitely no trees in the near vicinity.  image

• I'd dig it up with plenty of the soil around it, being careful not to damage the very fine roots, and pop it in a pot.  If it's a tree or shrub that grows outside, it'll be fine left outside in a sheltered corner. Just don't let it dry out - on the other hand, don't overwater it, especially in the winter. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Awesome thank you, i'll get right on it image

I'll update you all if it survives and anything grows image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

All re-potted and hopefully no damage done image

• Oww so would it be better to re-pot into a smaller one? You're not being picky, i'm to this so any advice is appreciated. image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,417

I'd go much smaller I_T. Not much bigger than the size of the root.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Awesome, will move it tomorrow image