Forum home Talkback

Any suggestions please.

Could someone suggest a plant/s  to screen off my 'darlek' compost bins please. Would like something attractive in Spring/Summer to look at. 

Its at the very bottom of the garden, backing onto fields....so quite open to the wind and weather. That part is facing North...east....I think...sorry. Don't really want a trellis as I think it would be too windy in very bad weather. Had thought of grasses but not sure the position is ok. Many thanks

• Thanks Edd will have a look on the website. Good idea that they can be moved around.

Would the area be too open for ornamental grasses though.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,561

A lot of grasses do well in an open site - think pampas grass - the clue's in the name!  There are plenty to choose from too.  (Grasses in general, not pampas grass...)

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Thank  you Liri, wanted something that grew quite tall and wide to hide the ugly bins!  wasn't sure if they needed more protection from cold winds. Many thanks 

• I've gone teasels in front on my dalek, It isn't a total mask, but it breaks up the shape and the bee loved them. image I think grasses would look great though,.