Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

autumn colour

• last week on gardeners world (nov 2nd), there was a beautiful euonymus bungeanus featured, with vibrant pink leaves. does anyone know of the variety please ? thank you.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    Susan Williams wrote (see)

last week on gardeners world (nov 2nd), there was a beautiful euonymus bungeanus featured, with vibrant pink leaves. does anyone know of the variety please ? thank you.

Winterberry?

Go here about 6.30 in--http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nrcvs/Gardeners_World_2012_2013_Episode_30/

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Lovely pictures everyone, such beautiful colours image.

• Green Magpie, do you know the name of the red acer please. I had one just like that and lost it a few years ago. Would love to replace it but mine was given to me without the label, so I've no idea what it is. I would be grateful. Thanks, and anyone else who has one that bright red may be able to advise me.

• I think what I've noticed most about the colours this autumn is how really good the yellows are - I think they've been stronger than in recent years. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Doris, my acer is an Acer Palmatum "Shaina". I think it was quite expensive, but it's certainly earning its keep now. If anything it's an even brighter red today. But most of the summer the leaves are a darker, purplish colour.

• Thank you I'll look out for that one. Though now I think about it mine was always that red colour in the spring and got darker after the summer months. Fabulous either way. Thanks

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Beautiful sunny day for gardening and my garden was ablaze with berries in the evening sunshine - cotoneaster

And rose hips

And spindle berries

And then i came into the kitchen where my houseplant is a sweet pepper with still eleven peppers growing on it.

• LeggiLeggi Posts: 489

Wow, I love the colour of those Spindle Bush berries!

This time of year really is so beautiful.

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

More pictures from my garden which is still lit up on the dullest of days by the autumn colour.  This is what gets me out in the garden every morning before I have

breakfast  And here is my front door.

And golden grass, Milium aureum in my drive.image