The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Pond vacs

Hello all. I placed part of this thread in my previous posting on "Leaking pond liner" including an update, but had no replies, so I'll try my luck here with a new thread. 

Does anyone have an opinion on these pond vacs? Undecided whether to invest in one. The UV filter that's running 24/7 does get a helluva lot of detritus in it's 2 sponge filters etc. & I'm removing & cleaning it maybe every 6 weeks or so. So thought about these vacs & am looking for some input, the only reviews I have seen have been from manufactures.  

Thanks in advance.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,630

I wouldn't do that but mine is a wildlife pond and the wildlife lurks in the detritus

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,115
    No good if you have beasties in the pond. Vacs kill them!

The pond should not be filtered all the time if you have wildlife in it.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,149

I used to hire a pond vac every year to give the pond a clean. Thought it was good, then I bought one and it hasn't been out of the box. Lazy me!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • gsdfandfgsdfandf Posts: 78

Sorry for the delay, haven't been getting notifiers? The only wildlife in the pond are the goldfish, well they don't appear to be very tame. Found out today, that a friend has one, so decision sorted.