Forum home Plants

Geraniums

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Chris9 they look lovely. The cuttings may be going yellow if you have over watered them, how much grit/perlite did you put in you cutting compost?

• Chris9Chris9 Posts: 92

Thanks again for the great information.  I didn't put any grit or perlite in the pots only compost, I think a visit to the garden centre tomorrow I will repot again with some grit.  When this is done is it ok to leave in the garden until it gets colder or on the windowsill. 

Thanks again for the advice, I reall need to print this info off and put it in a file so I can just look back on each item of advice I have asked for only I think I am begining to repeat myself, thats due to the age i expect image.

regards Chris 

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

Chris - I usually bring mine in end of September but I live ''up North '' so won't risk it any later than that. They are stunning displays - very pretty.

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540
    The weather forecaster in the NW said there might be a frost over the long weekend!

Noooo! Already ??

• Pennine PetalPennine Petal Posts: 1,540
    Morning Jean, I am hoping that I misheard her! That would be just what we need to finish off a dreadful summer.

Me too! My cobaea still hasn't flowered . That would finish it off .  Morning BTW !!!

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Chris9 I mix 50/50 compost and grit for cuttings and I have mine on a windowsill now, even without a frost it gets chilly outside at night and you want to give your cuttings every help you can.

• Chris9Chris9 Posts: 92

Thanks Jean for the compliment.  I did hear that Scotland may have frost at night over the weekend.  I live in the North West, today it rained all morning but about 2ish the sun came out , I managed to have a nap in the garden it was very hot and wonderful image.  I will remember 50/50 compost and grit job done! 

Thanks again for the great advice and support.

regards

Chris 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,329

It's your fault - I was walking through the garden centre intent on buying some hedgehog food and a fritillaria imp. bulb or three, when I was accosted by a section marked SALE and adorned by some gorgeous pelargoniums - now that my kitchen windowsill is full where am I going to put the pots of herbs in the winter?image

I had determined that I was going to manage without pots of pelargoniums in this new house image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh