Forum home Garden design

Designing an outdoor eating/living space

• That would be fab Beaus mum. Would really pics say 1000 words.

Thanks so much, found the website for the Australian sails and our family think they are great so they are a definite possibility.
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,550

Did you see the Alan titmarsh love your garden series? Each week he helped someone in their garden to tackle corner of their garden they needed help with.  In one episode he put one up, it looked lovely

I bumped the thread but don't know if you saw and cc hasn't updated with new pics yet image

• Hi Beanus mum, do you have a link? I could search for it on Google.

Can I thank you so much for the time you and others are giving me today. This project is certainly coming alive.

Link for the tv programme? That hopefully will be on itv player image

Linf for cc,s thread? That you will find if you click on latest posts at the top of this page image

No problem at all, we love a challenge image

Found it! Its love your garden series one episode six image

• You are so fab. Thank you Beanus mum. Will have a good look.

Glad you're still up lol

Search in you tube love your garden 6 image Enjoy, I'm gonna watch it again too as its a good one image

I'm on one now! Check out company called primrose as they have huge range of the sails and some half price and from 18.99!! 

• Thank you for this.

I know there are a variety of views on decking, and it is something we thought about but if it is slippy when wet that could be a problem particularly in the winter as it is outside the back door.

We were then thinking of gravel but thought we might spend a lot of time sweeping it out of the house. Any tips on how to keep gravel where you want it, I do think it looks nice.

Failing that it is back to flags is it best to go for plain ones of these non slip!!

We will be taking the small wall out that you can see with the two flags on. Then we will also take part of the raised bed away. So in essence it will be a re tangular space.

So issue is to gravel or not?

To flag or not and if so any ideas tips on flags

Thanks again.

Can you not re cycle the flag stones you have and put gravel around the edges? That looks lovely and you could also pop in little plants in the gravel too image