Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Celosia

Is it terribly gharish of me to adore this crazy looking plant? I bought a load reduced the other day to cheer up my very spring orientated young garden, and I think they are fantastic. They don't seem to available in seed form in the shops, though saw it online on T&M, have others grown from seed?

I can envision it with red hot pokers and small marigolds at the back of the new garden.

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 262

No, it's lovely, never knew what it's name was tho lol! Just googled. I really like this and had one year but I wasn't very successful and didn't try again image

• SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

From what I can tell from seed it likes to be hot, so I might just have to be hopeful the GC sells it again next year ready grown! I've never seen it before until this year! I especially love the bright bright pink!

• Go for it I say- it is your garden and your artimage

I would love to see a pic of those combinations next year. Which red hot pokers are you going for?

Wearside, England.
  • SweetPea93SweetPea93 Posts: 446

the yellow and red ones, which is very technical I'm sure!

http://www.jparkers.co.uk/plant-1000788/6-red-hot-poker-kniphofia/?LinkRef=F.R&gclid=CMzjt6W3vcACFdMbtAoddzQAIg#fo_c=193&fo_k=f25148dd3acc1047969f68de77e64cd1&fo_s=gplauk

that type! I saw some reduced at the same GC but had nowhere to put them, and would be very fragile to move house with I imagine! I made a log of all my flower seeds and the colours, and it's all very pink heavy, so having a sunny spot in the corner would be very appreciated I think with lots of hot colours!

• Coolimage

I've had a thing for kniphofias this year and I've recently ordered Ice Queen and Dwarf Amazing fun from Parkers. The tall ones are fab but I also like the small ones, I think they're like little mushroomsimage

Wearside, England.