Forum home Tools and techniques

Fleece

Hurrah! I've just found a firm that makes GREEN fleece. Don't know if I'm the only one who cannot imagine why it is always white and therefore looks dreadful dotted around the border. I've only found this one firm - Coopers - anyone know of anyone else who makes it? And is there a good scientific reason why white is better than green? Just wondering about light getting through.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,432

Is that Coopers of Stortford? I cant find green fleece though. Can you put the web site on please.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lin21Lin21 Posts: 12

You're right, Lin - it is Coopers of Stortford - but I can't find it on their web site either. It was in a catalogue that I've just received from them. Have sent them a query - will keep you posted.

If its them I am afraid the green stuff is netting, the fleece is the jolly ole white

I have just bought the geese and herons to go round my new pond. They have some good stuff at reasonable prices, i use them quite often.

• Lin21Lin21 Posts: 12
    Nope. Definitely fleece in the catalogue. Described as "frost wrap".

I cant see it on the website, only this, sorry my link thingy doesnt work.

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/coopers-of-stortford-set-of-three-4m-grow-tunnels-prodst09732i/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

I have found it, I cant see anywhere else selling this though, when they say green fleece they mean 'green'as in friendly.

There is one that looks very pale green, i have written to them to check.

Meanwhile,  I have just found the new Coopers one, it wasnt in the catalogue I used.

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/page/basket/

I cant get the actual page for this but try copy and pasting this

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,025
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

That was the only one I could find, but the Coopers one is a nice leef green instead of that aqua colour, I would rather have white than that.