Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Tomatoes

123457»

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

We spent five days with French friends in Hossegor in August. Very mild weather.

• Morning Italophile - were you surfing? 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

Morning. Pfffffffffft. Slept in every morning while our hosts got up early and bicycled to the beach. Silly people. Very nice people, but silly.

• Chuckling here image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• It seems to have been a mixed year for various folks.  I have had my best ever year for toms (Moneymaker), with huge fruits, no splits, no mould, rot or other nasties. The flavour has been outstanding as my neighbours have been testifying to, when I have been giving them loads of unwanted fruits every week or so, from 8 plants in the greenhouse and 6 in the veg garden.

I am still picking from the greenhouse (in Cornwall) with several pounds left on the plants now turning pink, and although outside plants finished three weeks ago, we have have had good crops from them.  They were grown outdoors against a south facing fence. 

Cant wait for next year image

• Sue HighamSue Higham Posts: 85

Just caught up with this thread - didn't realise how lengthy the discussion had been!

2015 progress to date .... sowed Tumbling Tom (Red and Yellow), Ailsa Craig and Rainbow in early April in 3" pots in windowsill propagators.  All germinated, then put pots into home made light boxes made from shoe boxes with high backboards and covered in tinfoil.  All very happy on the windowsills.  Then (trying to avoid them getting leggy) I potted on to 5" pots in lightboxes and still indoors as we've had cold nights.  Now all in greenhouse, looking much happier than any of last year's lot - ready for final potting on soon.  Oh, the promise!!  Time will tell ...