Forum home Plants

A summer's worth of work.

2»

• greenlovegreenlove Posts: 164

This one is called "You are beautiful" from Fryer's roses. It truly lives up to its name and it is the best rose I have ever grown in respect to flower longevity both in the garden and in a vase. The flowers last for at least 2 weeks however after that the petals start to lose their colour becoming whitish and speckled with rust coloured spots.

I remember a few years ago I saw a rose called Osiria in a catalogue which had velvety petals that were white on the outside and dark red on the inside. The rose seems to have disappeared from the shops nowadays and the nearest one I could find resembling it was the "Raspberry Queen". Beautiful flowers (although not dark red) however they do not last very long compared to my other roses.

• greenlovegreenlove Posts: 164

The three roses in this combination are stunning as well especially Peace which has very large flowers with custard yellow petals with a hint of pink on the edges. The pure orange rose unfortunately has a very por flower longevity especially in a vase.

The deep brown-orange colour of the "Hot Chocolate" rose in this one is truly amazing. The flowers also tend to stay in that semi-opened shape throughout. Flower longevity is slightly better than the orange rose above.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,069

Hello greenlove, you've done a great job with your garden, thanks for all the photos. This is the garden gallery where we post photos of our gardens and talk about them.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/garden-gallery-2014/236027-108.html

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,541

Beautiful roses green love, such gorgeous colours image

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845

I know how much work been done here, how proud you must be!

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • One of my favourite roses is "Harry Wheatcroft".  Named after the famous rose-grower, so it must be special.  It's a bright reddish-orange with yellow stripes.  Every flower is a bit different, and the colours change as they age.