Forum home Garden design

Covering Garden with Bark..A good idea for dogs?

2»

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Yep image I was b****y annoyed interfering do gooders LOL!!  Do they actually realise how much REAL onion is in those burgers image

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,855

I wouldn't have thought the onion in a burger counts as 1 of your 5 a dayimage

What did the do-gooders think afterwards when the dogs were fine? Did they realise they had been a bit OTT? 

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Not in shop burgers Vic, it will be onion powder in the cheap ones image

I came off, didn't give them chance to berate me any more.  Then there was the time my girly ate 3/4 a Christmas cake........oopsy LOL!!!!! Anyway, we'd better get back on the bark conversation...

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,855

imageimage

• Thanks everyone. From what I've read online it seems to be the cocoa bark that's dangerous for dogs (because it's from cocoa plants, same as chocolate being bad for dogs). I doubt the stuff down at B&Q is from cocoa plants.

Anyway, I went down to B&Q last night and they do a few varieties. They do small bark chips, large bark chips, playbark and soft bark chips. They also do coloured bark but staying away from that.

We ended up buying 4 bags of large bark for starters (We need approx 20 bags to cover the area we're talking about) and we're thinking of putting the large bark down first then playbark on top but will see how it goes.