Forum home Plants

Identification please

D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,952

Does anyone know what this is called please?

"To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,952

The tree is in France and there are quite a few locally I have noticed, perhaps it is just a shrub that has got too big.

"To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
  • It's not one I recognise, I'm afraid! It sort of looks a bit oleander like, but I'm not sure the leaves are right! I shall try posting your pic on a Facebook page called Planet Plant ID, they seem to identify lesser known plants!
  • I've just posted it there, and got a reply almost immediately - it is Lagerstroemia indica, or Crape myrtle. Very pretty!
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,952

Thank you very much, usually get quick response on here but nobody seems to know this one. 

• The Facebook Planet Plant ID page is brilliant for lesser known plants, as it has lots of overseas members.