Miscanthus Ferner Osten

BerkleyBerkley Posts: 331

I love this grass....it is now in its fourth year - and I am wondering what to do next Spring to ensure it is just as good in 2015. Do you think it will need splitting? Is it too big (approx. 1m 70 at the moment) or can I leave it be for a while?

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 331

Wow Verdun! Thank you! (I was hoping you were looking.....). I shall do as you suggest.... do you think both portions should flower in the late Summer of 2015? I'd hate to be without them...

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,272

Thats the one I want to get, but having trouble finding one at a gc at the mo.

• BerkleyBerkley Posts: 331
    Thanks, Verdun. Don't know where you live, star gaze lily, but we are lucky enough to live close to Knoll Gardens in Dorset. All my grasses come from there - including this one. They have an excellent website and catalogue.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,409

That's where I got my grasses from a few months ago Berkley, so it's good to see yours looks magnificent after 4 yearsimage Hopefully mine will, different kinds though.

Live in sussex, Berkley. Will look on the web site. Thank you 

• That is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!....no wonder you dont want to disturb it!....WELL DONE!!!image

Here you are panda I've bumped it up fot you.

Hope mine gets that big!!!!