Pond Surrounding Evergreen Plants to Compliment Sandstone

Hi all, I have put in my pond and want to plant round it. I specifically want some Evergreen Plants that will stay in place all year round. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 949

Euonymous 'silver queen'  will spread to cover edges, give cover to wildlife, can be trimmed to shape as needed and has attractive foliage.

• Hi Daintiness, thats a brilliant idea. I have a few clumps of that in my garden already. Thanks very much. I have another space filled.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 2,513

One of the smaller growing spreading conifers or a small growing rhododendron.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • A lot of ferns are evergreen, and look great next to a pond. Also if you want lower growing plants, try Pulmonaria, I particularly love a variety called 'Majeste' which has almost entirely silver leaves, that would work very well with the euonymus.
  • Oh the Pulmonaria is a fantastic looking plant. That will go great with a hosta and the Euonymous. I like the idea of a rhododendron but Im not too sure if I like them or not, I would be a little worried about the flowers dropping their petals in the pond too much but I may use one in another area of the garden.