Can You Identify This Flower For Me Please??

I love these little flowers, yet I have no idea what they are, I definitely planted them however, completed a schoolboy error by not labelling the seed tray.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

• help I know but what a beautiful clear yellowimageimage

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,692

Gazania possibly? One of those types of daisy I'd reckon. Someone here will know for sure John image

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Gazanias for sure image

• I don't remember planting any Grazania seeds?

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

well you must have! :P

Very pretty flowers that sometimes overwinter.

Plants originally are from South Africa and the flowers will only open when the sun is shining image 

• Sounds very much like them - thanks a lot.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,692

Schoolboy error John - not labelling...but we've all done it at some point! imageimage

Enjoy them anyway! image

• Yes I agree - gazanias - usually grown as an annual but have been known to overwinter in a sheltered spot in a mildish winter.  they need the sun but also don't like to dry out. lucky you.

• Thanks for all your replies, it's much appreciated.

One more question, my Mum has had this flower for years and years, yet she doesn't know what it is..

Any ideas?

• Hoya bella

• You're a star! image

Thanks, this place is very helpful, I like it. image

• and it should smell wonderful too, but can't cope with cold temperatures so definitely a house plant - your Mum obviously has the right touch to keep it flowering.

• If I have learnt one thing this year it's to mark my flowers!!

I thought this was a cornflower, yet not so sure now.

Help?  image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 42,810

California poppy?

Gardening is cheaper than therapy, and you get tomatoes. 
  • Thanks very much, now I think of it I do remember sowing them.

Need to get some tags!! image

• Definitely californian poppy

• some of the verges and roundabouts here, in the Languedoc, have been sown with a "wild flower mix" of poppies and californian poppies and that rich gold colour with a strong clear red poppy is stunning at the moment (March/April 2016) - I think I'll toss some seed into the ground and see if I can get a patch going - if the snails don't graze them off before they get going that is!