Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Bargins on the high street

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

There were certainly plant bargains in Morrisons this pm

• You guys probably already know, but chiltern seeds have 25 percent off flowers til sept 8th, enter SUMMER at the checkout image
  • mrpp, I took mum to do her weekly shop at Morrisons yesterday afternoon and saw that bulb deal too. What a bargain.

I was tempted, but already had 4 perennials somehow get in my basket! However, the four (2 christmas roses and two clematis) only came to £8, so not feeling too bad as they are about £7 each at the local garden centers!  

Thanks bekkie hughes, will have a look on chiltern seeds now, not heard or used them before, but I know you know your stuff  - if that made any sense image 

• I always look for a bargin when I'm out and before Christmas I went to the Manchester Christmas Markets. There was a massive stall from Holland in front of the town hall selling bulbs. Well I had to have a look at them becuase they were going home the day after and they had "fill a bag for £5!" sign. image

In the end I took home 300+ bulbs ranging from Crocus, Daffs, Tulips etc etc 

Does that count as a bargin? image

• Asda-Fruit trees at £5 each

Homebase-flowering Cherry and all fruit trees half price.

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Bubba Ray, that most def counts as a bargain - good luck with planting them all image

• Cheers Panda, I've potted some up in containers but still have 200+ to go and with the ground been quite solid coz of the frosts I haven't had chance yet. Hopefully this weekend............... image

• BluebaronBluebaron Posts: 226
    Just got one of these http://www.hang-in-out.com for ??56 reduced from ??225.

Plant feed ??1.50 down from ??5.99

Xmas decorations down to 75%.

All at RHS Wisley shop.
  • Think i need to get blue baron to do my shopping! image
  • LunariaLunaria Posts: 144

My most recent bargain. I brought loads tulip bulbs in homebase reduced £1 a pack. I picked up 5 varieties Also a box of 35 bulbs 4 different plants. Reduced from £8.99 to £1. Plus a plant reduced from £10.99 to .99p it's thriving in the greenhouse. I brought all these on Christmas eve. Planted them the same day the bulbs are starting to come up. That same trip I got two big bags of compost for free using my nectar card. 

Also I love getting free plant trays from homebase. Always using them. Free is defiantly a bargain.