Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Bargins on the high street

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Was going to say Hayes are selling dwarf daffs and tulips at a reasonable price but they can't beat Morrisons at £3image

• mrppmrpp Posts: 25

is that in store at Morrisons 

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Not sure mrpp I don't shop at Morrisons.

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 241

Re T & M,

Avoid them like the plague for plants, they send out dead  or ones covered in slime and after a bit of a ho ha they refund the cost of the plants but not the carriage which is a fiver, though you eventually get that as well if you persevere!

J Parker are exactly the same.

I have had too much hassle from both of them this year, so will never order from them in future!

• Hi mrpp, yes inside Morrisons food store is where I bought mine. They were £2 each over the last few months. I popped in yesterday and it seems they are selling off their plants which are now down to anywhere between 50p and £1.50.

Some larger Morrisons have a garden store outside, hope this helps.

Hi Jimmy, I have had exactly the same problems with T&M, soaking lavender plants sent out to me which just rotted. Had problems with J Parker too.

Thanks, looks like tulips are £3 too will pop down and get some 

• Agree with Mrs T - seeds from T & M always have really bad germination rate and have ordered plants from Parkers and had great losses.  However, have bought at least 20 clematis and honeysuckle from Morrisons (when freshly in) and had 100% success - all for £2 each. Most have flowered this year as well, which was a bonus as they are only young plants.  The ones I bought last year have given a superb display this year.

Not bad 50 bulbs for £3 got myself 2 dafs and 2 tulips.

• I picked up four moth orchids last night at my local florist, all pink, none in flower but healthy plants for  50p each!

couldn't believe my luck, as I've been thinking about getting an orchid recently but put it off because they were over £10 each!

• I agree with JIMMY about T&M but I've not have any problems with J Parkers and have been using them for about 4 years now, however I have only ever order bulbs from them but I've heard the bare roots, plugs etc etc you need to stay away.