Forum home Plants

Astrantia Addict

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,545

Sadly my best show time for my Astrantias was before I met all you lovelies image

Here are some pics of ones that I recently pulled out all the dead flower stalks and they have had second small show image

If anyone would like seeds from any of them please just let me know

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

They are gorgeous.image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,877

The seeds of the cultivars don't come true, you're right Verdun. But you can get some nice plants. Hadspen Blood gives mostly nice red ones but obviously not Hadspen Blood.

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,545

Thank you f2. Please see pm image

Thank you Verdun for your comments, means a lot from you as a true expert image

I totally understand about looking into their faces and they are like beautiful jewels 

My utmost favourite is the last one, I love the green and pink, gorgeous image

Bit annoyed with myself as have got most of the original labels but don't know which one goes with what! Oh what a narna! image

I'm planning to revamp the garden after the summer so will def have a go at dividing as some of the clumps are pretty big now.  Unlike you I don't like the variegated one image If you would like please pm me.  It's not in the pics but it's leaves are yellow green and white, I'll take a pic later 

Florence rings a bell, I'll have a look and see if I have image

Verdun, I just found some pics of the variegated one!

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,899

I have 'discovered' Astrantias this year after visiting stone cottage.  I now have two Romas and 1 Venice, still very small.  The other plant I really like at the moment is the knautia its like a cross between an astrantia and a scabious very pretty.  I have bought a a very dark burgandy one that has beautiful green and cream varigated leaves. 

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,899

It is a perennial or so I was told, the variety is Thunder and Lightening.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

I've got one heuchera left in the garden Verdun that has done rubbish past couple of years, it's purplish one so when I have big move around I shall do as you say image

yviestevie knautia is my new addiction for this summer! But didn'tknow what they were called, I just thought they were scabious, I love love love them image

Looked up the one you have and looks lovely

Without searching out the labels I do not know what names I have but the colours are pastels, burgundy reds and deep pinks image We will have to start a new thread addiction for them image