Forum home Talkback

Caretaker couple- Italy

If you are a both ready to try being caretakers in Umbria, Italy, for a min. 3yr placement I know of a paid housesitting/ caretaking opportunity for house proud, keen gardeners, ready to care for a rural estate property. There is a walled kitchen garden, a vineyard, olive grove, swimming pool, and the maintenance of the general external appearance of the estate. Private apartment, excellent benefits, plus 2 dogs (Jack Russell sisters) to care for. Interested? Then please get in touch for more information.  

Email [email protected] or call me at 07772142742

Interviews in London.

See this link - http://www.housesitmatch.com/members/userprofile/Osteriaccia 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156

Sorry, too busy looking after my own garden.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,559

do you reckon this is an ad for an agency fidget?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156

Oh   yes.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,559

.image

• I run a housesitting network and the client has posted this ad on our site for free. It is a genuine offer for the right couple. Personally, I think it could be a great way to live in new country, and learn a new language image  Happy to answer any questions - I suspect the owners would be happy with another dog if you wanted to bring one ... I could ask and come back to you if this is a genuine question image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,545

It sounds wonderful but I don't know anything about how to garden in Italy.image Know nothing about vineyards, or olives, have never had to maintain a swimming pool, and as for organising the D I Y in Italian. I feel a twinge in my slipped disc already.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,336

The person who would know how to do it all would be Italophile, but he's got his own place in Italy already image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The owners seem keen to find a couple in the UK, that is why they are looking in the UK. They are passionate about their vineyard and expect the caretaking gardeners to look after the kitchen garden, the houses and the dogs as the primary responsibilities. You have a private apartment onsite so no property there needed...

• I'm hopeless with olives! image 

Don't ask. image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Sadly Flossie Flo pretty much attacks other dogs if I am around (like I need a body guard with legs 4" longimage) she is fine in the mixed kennels, or when staying with friends, it is just her mission in life to keep an eye on meimage

I have spent too much of my life living and working abroad to want to do that again; I love the English countryside - I am living in paradise, why move?image