Forum home Plants

Jasmines nearly had it!

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,545

About 4 weeks ago I brought two lovely jasmine type hose plants, one on a hoop with tubular flowers and one like a small bush with buds, different leave to the one on hoop

All I have done is watered and both pretty much dead! All flowers and buds dropped off both and many yellow leaves

They weren't cheap image Can I bring em back to life or chuck in the bin?

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,899

Hi Beaus Mum. Try putting them outside. Whats the compost like is it very wet?  If so lay them on their side.  It may be they have been overwatered.  I have grown quite a few.  I have one at the moment stephanosis which I think is the tubular one you are talking about.  They are fussy about watering and dont like to be too wet or too dry.  Have you got a photo.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,545

Hi Yviestevie, they were wet but dried out now

I didn't re pot, do you think that would help? In normal multi purpose?

ill bring them outside and take a pic

Thank you 

• Jasmine will come back I thought mine was dead at the beginning of the year just all dead wood or so I thought but put the pot outside and never emptied it for some reason and then spotted new growth now it's really healthy and flowering. You may need to let Iit dry out though.

• Just been reading up on indoor jasmine since seeing your post and thinking it'd be nice to have one.  They sound fussy!  changing rooms throughout the year?? 

Thank you everyone for the advice 

I have thrown the labels! Don't ask me why image I have taken pics and will upload when Im up and on lap top image

Changeing rooms super noodle? image Not got many rooms to move to! Only small house image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,451

Mine died, or so I thought, I never got the watering right, so I put it in it's pot outside and forgot it. Then it grew new shoots! So I repotted it and put it out on the kitchen terrace and it's grown, about 3 feet tall now.

Dordogne and Norfolk

wow busy, maybe not all is lost yet

Maybe I shall cut off dead bits, re pot and put outside in the daytime?

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,451

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Jasminum_polyanthum_IP0204063.jpg/300px-Jasminum_polyanthum_IP0204063.jpg

Oh, yours looks like stephanotis, mine is a jasmine polyanthum, like in the photo.

Dordogne and Norfolk

Oh so shall I keep mine indoors? I love your type and have a new cream one in the garden image