Conundrum

Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 258

Here's one for you, advice needed. Just spotted a couple of greenfly laying eggs ..... Grrrrr ! I haven't seen my ladybirds or their babies for quite a few weeks now, so , do I leave as food hoping they're hiding in foliage somewhere or do I nip them in the bud (so to speak) ? Consensus of opinion please 

thanks in anticipation

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,089

I don't think I'd keep them for the ladybirds. There'll be plenty more around if they turn up. Hose them off, they don't survive that 

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 8,095

Mmm....there's a fine point between leaving them in the hopes of someone turning up to munch them and then them suddenly exploding (population wise......if they auto exploded, we'd be a lot happier I guess image)

I think I'd go with Nutcutlletimage

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    I dont kill anything! Leave things alone for long enough you will get a balance image
  • Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 258

Love the auto explosion idea , be a bit messy tho h'uh !! Uuuum, don't normally kill but  think I'm leaning towards Nut,, as they're so visible and sure plenty around for anything that does toddle along .... But I do feel soooo mean, may just wait till morning n see if anything been to eat 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,670

Squidge them!  They may look like eggs, but they're tiny baby greenfly, and they're already pregnant when they're born!!! image  The ladybirds will find plenty of other aphids to eat image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh