Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Dusty Miller

I was thinking of getting a silver leaf plants for my garden I looked it up on the internet and i saw the plant called Dusty Miller and Brunnera can i plant them now or am I too late,I noticed Amazon have them in stock but I have never bought plants from Amazon.Thanks for the advise about the hydranger.

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

Yes you can plant them now as long as you keep them watered for the rest of the summer. Brunnera will flower next spring and Dusty Miller (Lychnis coronaria) will flower next summer).

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

You can plant potted plants at any time of the year Arthur, but make sure you prepare the ground well and water them at least once a week for the rest of the summer and autumn.  It's only bare-root plants that you need to avoid - those should only be bought and planted from about November to early March.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I have bought plants from Amazon and ebay, they were all fantastic shrubs/trees, there is a great comeback if you are not satisfied because both sites rely on good feedback. Go for it with confidence. 

They will tell you exactly what you will get, unlike some places where you expect plants and get plugs.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.