Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Oh Thank You Neighbour!

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Had this beauty blooming my side of the fence this afternoon from my neighbours garden, very nice image

That's what I call a freebie image

Has  anyone else had a treat from their neighbours image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Isn't that absolutely lovely image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

I don't have nice neighbours, a leyllandii hedge and an ugly fence, so I'm making it my mission to to be the envy of both. It's the best revenge I think. beautiful rose Beausmum.

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

So true pansyface image

Can we see your neighbours polish spirit, beautiful name so guessing beautiful flower image

Awww sorry bout that Dave image But don't be too sad, just see the gigantic shed the same neighbours have the other end of the garden image Its on my HUGE shed thread image The replies and advice I received from all the lovelies on the forum may help you in your revenge image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Thats beautiful, all I get is weed seeds blowing in from the field.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Polish Spirit's a beauty BM. Lovely rich purple image

Swings and roundabouts with the clematis pansyface!  image

I'm hoping the old lady across the road now has a nicer view than the one she's had  for a long time - a stretch of grass with a weeping cherry that was doing more weeping than growing, due to kids swinging on it, and an ugly 'orange' bit of fence. She'll be able to see quite a bit of my back garden from her front window as the house is elevated. It makes me glad because her late husband was a very keen gardener. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

Oh I bet she loves it fairy girl and she is a lucky lady to have you as a neighbour image

Oh wow pansy face just as you and fairy girl described image Oh I wish my neighbour had one of those! And frames your rose beautifully image

As if we would think such a thing image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

That's lovely image

Nothing really spectacular from next door but a very pretty lavatera has decided to like my side. image Thought it was mine, but remembered I hadn't seen mine for last few years.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

pansyface - we believe you - thousands wouldn't...imageimage

Plants are funny , as you say. I bet if you were growing some climbers you didn't really care for next to that path, the b*****s would only grow into your garden! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...