Forum home Problem solving

New lawn problems

2»

• NostawcatNostawcat Posts: 12

Thanks for the comment Fairygirl it certainly is strange, Buddyboy I did not apply any fertiliser and haven't since, all I've done is water it, When it was initially laid in the spring the weather was ideal, warm and wet. I have not noticed any wet areas due to inadequate drainage either. Looks like gravel again or perhaps a large bird bath ha. Thanks again.

I will give that a go, do you recommend applying first then perhaps re seeding the area as the roots have not taken.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,467

Have you got any pets or perhaps wild animals that could be using the same spot as a toilet. A bit of a shot in the dark but you never know.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

I do live in the country but garden is enclosed by a 6' wall and fence so hopefully not, the strangest part is that when I re laid the area, within 2 days the grass in the central area began to flatten as it does if you sit on it for a while. It then never recovered.

Thanks again for all the comments, at least it's given the old grey matter a bit of a workout, I'll give the liquid nitrogen a go if no good I've just seen a nice water feature which I know a good place to stand!

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 40,745

You could always resort to the fake stuff! image

Great that you've kept your sense of humour about it - very frustrating for you though. Bboy has given you a good tip to try so hopefully that may be the solution.  Keep us posted as to how it all goes. .image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

It is frustrating but hey it's a piece of grass at the end of the day. I know animal urine is very damaging but without night vision cctv I just can't see how they are getting at it, I suppose cats are an option due to the high wall. I might give your suggestion a go.

I spoke with the staff at the garden centre I purchased the turf from and they have very kindly offered some gratis turf in the Autumn which is good of them, so should all else fail, it will look nice for a couple of weeks until it starts again haha. Thanks again.