Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Bluebells?

I seem to be having a bluebell revival ? they are sprouting up everywhwere?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

No ideas, sorry but how lucky are you image

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

Are you sure they are bluebells.  When I first started to garden I thought I had a big patch of bluebell leaves in my garden late summer but they turned out to be grape hyacinths, its a bit early but a few of mine have started to sprout and everything seems to be early this year.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Well done yviestevie thats exactly what they are!

Talking of things being early my buddleia is already dead  this normal too ,i remember last year it not dying until at least the middle of the summer holiday?

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

If you dead head your buddleja it may give you some smaller flower later on.

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

Yes I think its been a problem this year.  Despite deadheading, my buddleia had lost all its flowers before the butterflies appeared, its normally in full flow in August but not this year.  Ive noticed that some varieties are still around so hopefully the butterflies will still find enough nectar. I have to say though that lots of plants are passed their best.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

Everything started earlier this year so it stands to reason things will run out of steam and finish earlier.  image  I am busy deadheading stuff like no mans business e.g dahlias/lupins/cosmos and marigolds to prolong the season.  Luckily my delphiniums are re-flowering.

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

They be the Spanish variety they spread like wild fire.

• just finished deadheading it image

Fingers crossed!