Forum home Problem solving

Gap in my clay border

2»

• CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

Brilliant, thanks Verdun.  You really know your stuff don't you?!  Grit has been added to the shopping list image

Beaus Mum, astrantias will definitely feature on my shopping list, plus rudbeckias which I hadn't even considered for this plot.  Sounds like they'll do really well.  Thanks MuddyFork.

I like some of Verdun's other suggestions too, so looks like that's another happy morning spent browsing the local nursery coming up  imageimage

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,545

Can't wait to hear and see what you buy and of course the grand finale when they are planted up image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,960

I'd recommend  Acteas (cimcifuga) too - ideal for a tall, structural plant, and also the Hackonechloa - both will suit your soil. Ligularias will also grow well there Charley. They like damper ground. I have 'Britt Marie Crawford' which makes about a metre in height and has big foliage (dark green on top with purple undersides) and orange daisy like flowers - lots per stem. Flowering now and will go on for a while. There's also 'The Rocket' which looks more like an Eremerus (foxtail lily). Good vertical spikes. Flowers are yellower. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Oh Verdun you missed my request of a plant list image

Oh thank you Verdun, much appreciated and think I have at least 3 of them.  I need to go through all my plant labels and see which ones I have.  I just wish I had joined this forum months ago as mine were beauties and I had no one to share them with Except of course my long suffering OH, you guys have saved his life  image