Wallflowers

YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 3,991

Hi folks,  I have grown a number of wallflowers from seed this year.  I know they normally get planted out in the Autumn but I would quite like to plant them out now, otherwise I will have to repot.  Is this OK or should I wait. 

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

• Outdoor girlOutdoor girl Posts: 286

I was going to plant mine out now for the same reasons! The ground is so hard that I decided to wait, so potted on this aft.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

That's the problem with planting now but if you have nice soil and don't let them dry out, they'll be fine.

like Outdoor girl, I wouldn't put them in my soil now

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 3,991

My soil is fine not hard at all it was just the timing that I was worried about.  I might just give it a go and make sure they are well watered.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

They'll be fine, better really. Everything is better with its roots in the soil rather than a pot.image

Except rhodos in chalkimage

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,017

I've got some wallflowers that I've been waiting to drop seed. I've waited,and waited,and waited...only now are some nearing ripening.The pods are turning yellowy orange but I fear its too late to start any from seed now?

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 3,991

Sorry Fishy, mine came from a packet so I dont know but someone will let you know Im sure.

• Even if I wanted to I couldn't as their final positions are currently filled with Dahlia's!