Forum home Plants

Star of my Summer 2014

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Nine if mine have flowered Lily, but they are young (bought as bare root plants this year) and I didn't now there were meant to. Do all Hostas flower or only some varieties?

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

I don't think they all flower? I use to have a lot of them, god knows where they have all gone! At the time I liked them I use to cut the flowers off! How bad is that lol, 

keep forgetting to post another of my quieter but quite lovely stars of my summer, she hasn't stopped flowering since spring image

Viola called Rebecca

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,614

Ooh, will have to look out for that viola, BM!  My granddaughter's called Rebecca.  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

Thank you Liri, I got mine from Wyevale GC, don't know if you have them up thereimage

My best friend is Rebecca and why I brought it, lovely name image

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,959

My best friends grandaughter recently turned one and her name is Olivia Rose the same as the new David Austin Rose. 

This year I bought an Ixia called Mabel the name of my 1 year old grandaughter but I have yet to find any plant called Meredith the name of my eldest grandaughter, I'd settle for Merri or Mimi as those are her nick names but no joy.  Unless anyone knows better.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

Oh Yviestevie stop giving me great ideas for new threads! I'll never get off here image What gorgeous names, gonna get cracking on some jobs then I'm on the case imageimage

Yviestevie I found a daffodil named Meredith but the northern Ireland nursery who registered it no longer trades image 

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    My mom does the name thing too, very sweet except if im with her at the time and she tell the entire GC, im immediately a 13 year old girl again, soooo embarrassed image