Forum home Plants

Star of my Summer 2014

Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

apologies all for all the new threads but as you can probably tell OH fixed the lap top! hurrah for me but not hurrah for you all imageimage

This is a climbing rose of which I have two and think this is third summer I have had them.  Originally I planted in pots either side of my bench but its since I've moved into the garden they have just taken off beautifully.  They smell so so gorgeous night and day and I have had repeat after repeat flowers all summer

it truly is my star of the summer image

Its name is Summer Wine and is a mattocks rose

the colour is coral pink

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 14,398

Beautiful.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Gorgeous colour image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

Thank you star gaze and orchid lady

What are yours? image

Really love my agapanthus and the flowers on my hosta.

I love em too image The hosta flowers looks like those posh white Lily's image Really really like the blue stripe on the agapanthus 

Thank you Beaus mum image

• How lovely to find somebody else with Summer Wine - it os not easy to find.

I too love this rose which now gallops across a high trellis alongside Buff Beauty.

On my plant the flowers are the colour of burgundy with amazing golden stamens and it blooms into the winter - hence Last of the Summer Wine

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Love those Hosta flowers Lily and as for the Agapanths, we'll that goes without saying really image Can you believe (well, yes you probably can!) that I only found out Hostas flowered last week when we passed some walking the dogs!! imageimage

Hi gardening granny yours looks lovely and more so up against the other rose 

Mine has gone a bit wild and over grown the metal stands I have so next year plan to put in Some kind of bigger pergola image

I brought mine from Wyevale garden centre so must have been lucky image

Orchid lady I find that very hard to believe! image

Thanks OL. Some of my hostas haven't had flowers this year, I'm wondering if they are too shaded image