GWF Day Out: The Beth Chatto Gardens, Colchester: Sunday 10 Aug

As per the East Ruston thread, we're planning another trip. http://www.bethchatto.co.uk So there's Topbird Dove Nut is a maybe Panda? Can you do? Chicky and Artjak are nos due to date (very sorry!) Who else?

• SupernoodleSupernoodle Posts: 948
    Ooh sorry, my mail has come out as one long sentence. Must be due to basic editor. Hope still readable.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,622

I can make sense of it Snoodle - looking forward to another outing in good company image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

I'm spitting feathers...image But I will get to see it another day.image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,192

Have a great time - take lots of photos image

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,231

I'm a bit iffy Snoodle. Lots on in August and a b......y long wayimage. But have a good time all and I'll join you on another trip if I don't make this one.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,091

If I lived in England I would love to come. Green with envy! image Also that's the day of my grandson's baptism.

Bumping up! image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,091

Bump again, must see Beth Chatto's if poss. Has anyone read the book where she and Christopher Lloyd (Great Dixter) write to each other?

I've a vague recollection (and I may be mistaken) of hearing it serialised on Radio 4 many many years ago, but I've never read it.  One for the list .... 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,231

I won't make it. I knew the date had something on. I'm feeding tea and cake to the old motorcycle 'boys'

see you all at another bashimage