Forum home Plants

Unidentified autumn flowering deciduous tree

Please can anyone identify this tree/shrub

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

At the risk of sounding boring-a picture paints a thousand words

Any chance?

• If only.  I simply can't get the image upload feature to work.

Can you upload it to an external site and use that as a link?

Don't know -but someone will -have taken the liberty of redoing the link so it is "clickable"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62676390/Image.jpg

• Thank you. Here is another image and hopefully I have made this one clickable. As you can tell, I am new to this forum!

Close up image

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

It's not some form of Calliparca is it ?  image I'm probally wrong as they usually have purple berries but the leaves look similar.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

It's a euonymus. Hard to say which one, there are a lot. Euonymus europaeus is the spindle berry, a native hedgerow shrub, E. alatus is grown a lot in gardens, brilliant autumn colour as well as the berries. But there are lots more.

• Jean GenieJean Genie Posts: 1,724

Its a lovely shrub. the birds will have a right old feast on that image I have an Alatus but have yet to see a berry on mine . It's colouring up nicely at the moment . image Maybe I'll get some berries one day.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

I have an unidentified one. It's very slow growing, but I am getting some berries now. It looks as though it will be tree rather than shrub, it's about 10 years from seed and still a single stem with not much side growth- time will tell.